Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sunset at Sunset

To get the day started Ashley, Caralee, and I waited at the bus stop for almost an hour for the bus to get there. Thanks to Prince Kuhio Day the bus schedule was on holiday schedule, therefore, off. So, maybe waiting at the bus stop for so long might have been our fault.
While waiting for the bus I felt something hit my head. A lovely Gecko relieved himself and it just happened to fall right on top of my head. So now I no longer feel privileged to call Virginia "Poop Head." She is still a Poop Head just a bird poop head, while I on the other hand am now a Gecko poop head. One of the girls at the bus stop told me in some cultures it is good luck to get pooped on the head (although I feel like she said this to make me feel better.) I hope after shampooing my hair three times, it is officially clean.
After a grand bus ride we arrived at our destination, Sunset Beach! Waiting for us there were Lucy, Sami, Angela, Kailey, and my new friend Shelby. I couldn't wait to jump into the ocean!!! I needed to clean out the Gecko Poop out of my hair. I much rather smell like the ocean then a Gecko. The Pacific Ocean was strong and I was almost knocked over several times. I had never swam at Sunset before. I LOVED IT!
I decided today that the next digital camera I should invest in is a water proof camera. They are SOOO cool. Sami and Caralee both have water proof cameras. It was really fun to take pictures underwater.
It wouldn't be a trip to Sunset with out a trip to Ted's Bakery. Chocolate Haupia Pie Baby!!! So good! I strongly suggest everyone tries it if they ever get the opportunity.
Then back to the Beach for the Sunset. I was so amazed to see how fast it set.







After the sun went to bed, we packed up to head out. Dear Lucy rode her bike back the 10 miles to Campus. Caralee, Ashley, and I headed back over to Ted's Bakery to grab a bite to eat, while the rest of the gang waited for the bus. We missed the bus while waiting for our food, so Caralee made the comment that we should hitch hike back to campus. I did not like the idea of riding the bus AGAIN so I jumped on the idea. Don't worry mom, it's much safer to hitch hike here then it is on the mainland I promise!
Instead of hitch hiking I sweet talked a boy to let us ride in the back of his truck. One of the many reasons I love Hawaii is because it is the only state left that it is legal to ride in the back of a pick up truck. I loved it! Ashley and I could not stop laughing, it was so much fun to feel the wind on my face and run through my hair.
Today I remembered my love for sunsets. The sun set in a matter of minutes. It happened so fast. My breath is still taken away just thinking about it. I am always truly amazed by how beautiful and magnificent this world is, and how there are always little things in life that just encourage me and help lift my spirits. Watching the sunset over the ocean would be one of those.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOU....SOOOOO MUCH!!! That sounds like a fabulous uplifting day...scary you went hitch hiking! Was he cute?;) You better start finding that guy so I can come to Hawaii!
    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete